Originally Posted By justme
Im looking for some suggestions on what to buy as far as a tent,pack, and sleeping bag for 3 day trips in the big horn mountains during the spring through fall. I plan on using the equipment alot so i would like to to be good quality.

tent- im looking for something in a 2 man. would like it to be light weight, easy to set up, waterproof and well vented if i need to cook inside while raining out. I would like it to be a 3 season tent with a price of $250.00 or less.

for the pack i have no idea what to get or even start with. the item will be pretty minimal. enough food( dehydrated) and water(most likely a camel pack) one spare set of clotes, rain gear, head lamp, small first aid kit, tp, toothbrush soap, deoderant bug spray compass map cheap poncho flint or some type of fire starter and a small single burner stove with a mess kit, and maybe a power bar. iwould also like to have a msaller pack or waist pack that would fit in my large pack after i get my main camp set up and want togo exploring. just something large enought for my camepack of water a power bar compass map poncho and a lighter

For the sleeping bag i would like some small light weight, and warm enought to handle spring throught fall. preferably in a mummy bag. i dont really want to spend over 300.00 for a bag.

any suggestions r great as far as name brands and models or simular products.

See tarptent for tent options, they have several models that would suit your described needs to a tee.

For the pack, for that duration of trips, (for me, most durations) I use a 40L pack. Smallish and lightweight, but for me or anyone who is meticulous about both weight and volume, it's plenty large. Options will really vary on your own preferences, I myself don't like a frameless pack, so I sacrifice a little bit of weight for a framepack, but many others don't share that sentiment.

Sleeping bag is sort of the same as the pack, there are innumerable options, and it really depends greatly on where/when you're going, your physical size, how warm or cold you sleep, etc. The list goes on. There are more options than you can count, and everyone has an opinion/preference. Finding a store where you can try out the fit of several bags helps.