Originally Posted By skippy

One thing to mention is that I personally don't think it is a great idea to let your neighbors know how well stocked you are. This might be okay in a short term difficulty but word could get out that you are stocked and you would turn into the neighborhood Walmart.

Bollocks. Easier to have good neighbors who you share with and know you are prepared to help out in an emergency situation than have neighbors who don't give a crap about helping you because you are secretive and they "think" you're living high on the hog.

If there are 10 people around you, one of whom is a jerk and will take advantage and steal you blind or strongarm you in that situation, would you rather have 9 people who don't give a crap because you're living in isolation, or 9 people who you're collectively helping out who'll stand with you. And don't give me the peace through superior firepower BS either. A good neighbor is more valuable than an AK anyday - Think with your brain. - Yes you might have 8x or 10x less "supplies" for sharing. Frankly, you'll probably not need it - or by the time you did you'd have been robbed blind anyway.

Browse my pictures