I'm pretty sure the Photon Rex has a couple rechargeable 2032s inside. It's a lot brighter than the e+lite but not really set up for headlamp use (although it could be so-rigged). Its advantage is being field rechargeable using virtually any common cell. Do that during the day and have maximum light each night. Pretty slick

Cheers,

Originally Posted By phat

I pretty much got the same way. All I ever have is camera and headlamp, so I used to have a tikka/tikka+ whatever I could get that took AAA batteries. I also had a nikon camera that took same. looked up all the amp hour ratings, etc. and decided the nikon with AAA's carried way more juice than a little propietary battery.. well, that's true, but the battery use on the camera sucked so much juice I ended up going through tons of batteries on the trail. Bleah!

Nowadays I just have two of the proprietary rechargables in my olympus SW camera, and two cr2032 coin cell in my e-light headlamp. I carry a spare couple of cr2032 because it's so light, and then if I fall asleep and leave the headlamp on while reading it's not the end of the world, but really, I've not managed to run out the cr2032 cells in the e-light in basically a month in the field. I end up putting a fresh battery in the elite at the start of the hiking season.

I've not seen any rechargable cr2032's..