Well lets see what else I can tell you, I used an Osprey aether 70 backpack, an REI kilo 0 70 down bag and two thermarest pads 2" and 2.5" along with an all weather picknic blanket under ever thing to keep the bag from touching the ground and getting wet, I wore REI mid weight base layers, 100 weight fleece, 700 down jacket and taku pants, a patagonia powrstretch top and Moutain hardware shell jacket and some old insulated snow pants that never let me down, I packed a hatchet and Mora knife, MSR dragonfly stove, GSI double boiler pot, some freeze dried meals, oatmeal, energy bars and hot cider mix, we set up the tarps in an a frame type shelter made a fire hung around it for awhile, did a night hike to warm everyone up turned in for the night with warm bodies, mde breakfast te next day tore down camp a hiked out everyone drove to a bar restarunt for bergers an ten headed home. well t pads wrke gret to kep me warm bt I needes a sitting pad to for under my feet keep ground from sucking the heat out, I had one for sitting but could have used another for the tootsies, I’m not too crazy about my pack it feels like its slidding down my hips all the time, I’m gonna sell it and get a gregory again, I forgot my trekking poles and wished I had them, the trail had a frozen snowmobile track on it making it hard to hike in some places, Well I hope that’s better for ya.

Edited by bmwrider (01/27/10 01:15 AM)