The first thing I after reading the OP's comments was to look at that link . As I was going through the items I jotted down some figures (my guesses). Those numbers were identical to the ones guessed by Glenn..
I am in two minds about this.
I have no doubt that the kit advertised is not going to be a keeper, however one has to start somewhere. For example with tents (my favourite subject...) you need to try a few designs to see what you can put up with . The idea is to find the lightest smallest affordable shelter that is not going to drive you crazy if stuck in it for a day or two...
The ideal pack is the one that feels most comfortable to you for the load you carry.
But again I have seen people with "potato sacks" that they think are comfortable.
So maybe that kit could be a start, however the ideal solution (IMHO) is the one suggested by Oldranger. Find a group of hikers with spare gear (we all have some...) so that you can try different bits and pieces and see what works for you.
Buying your mates a few burgers and some beer will be a lot cheaper than buying stuff till you are happy with. And that almost never happens because there is always something new...
Franco