Dryer, actually there is now lots of proof accepted by biologists that there is bacteria in space, NAA evidence is there. You of course do not have to believe that, but you can research this easily online.

Again you need to do some study. Geneticists have found that there is not enough genetic diversity in the human race. My friend Dr Ot-Hopkins, the chair of the science department at our local college and a biology professor loaned me the book and said that genetics has shown that maybe as few as 40, and probably no more than 100 human females survived a cataclysmic catastrophe, about 50,000 to 70,000 years ago and they ASSUME that it was the Yellowstone super volcano (but the actual reason is unknown) I stand corrected... as the only surviving humans lived in southern Africa where perhaps the worlds weather patterns carried the dust and smoke far enough north that a few humans survived.

As far as god vs science, you mean Bible vs science. No one knows where the bacteria came from. We do know that there is bacteria in space, maybe god is really a bacteria, but now I know what "the meek shall inherit the Earth" meant. Bacteria and cockroaches, not humans. Frankly I personally think god created DNA and seeded the universe with it, I do not believe that life itself evolved from chemicals, but I do believe that animals did evolve from bacteria. But then that's my belief and may vary from yours.

Your mileage may vary and if this seems controversial, it was meant to be.
Dryer - try this one http://www.panspermia.org/bacteria.htm
Jim

Edited by Jimshaw (01/21/10 11:52 AM)