Regarding your statement "when your time is up". I think that is all hogwash. I worked in a coal mine for 7 years and we had big-time safety training. I worked at a huge "world class" mine and we went 5 years without a lost-time accident. Most accidents have causes, although it is usually not one thing, but poor response to a string of things that go wrong. One safety expert said there is no such thing as an accident, just a lot of wrong decisions strung together. And it many times boils down to an unsafe attitude. I do believe there are infrequent real accidents that cannot be avoided, but I certainly do not buy into the "time is up" stuff for most accidents. Modern coal mines have reduced their accident rate by amazing numbers with intensive safety training. (Plus we all loved the time out from work for safety training!) Everyone has 100 close calls for every real accident. You really need to sit down and study what happened and learn from these experiences. And you have to realize and fess up to having the close call. And you can learn from other's accidents. Read accident reports. Not the sensational stuff on the news but the real reports, such as Accidents in North AMerincan Mountaineering.