My ski pants are 2 layers of fabric, and probably too hot for hiking. Might bring them for camp though, since I don't have down pants.

My ski jacket is a parka with polyester lining and a hidden zip out hood. Not tons of insulation, but some. I also have a big ugly old (80's?) down parka with no hood I could bring for in camp, though it's not nearly as versatile as the ski jacket. I'll have to try and see which is warmer.

For handwear I just bought some REI switchback gloves, which are a nylon shell with a fleece liner glove. I'm considering finding some cheap overmitts for in camp. I hate wearing mitts while I'm doing anything though.

I think I have a good handle on everything except a pants shell. All I really have that would work are rain pants (Marmot PreCip full zipper). They are rather thin and I worry they could get damaged easily. Also they have basically no insulation, just wind/water blocking. I could maybe find cheap wind pants, but I'm not sure they'll be much heavier than the rain pants. Any suggestions on cheap pant shells?

Also, I found some cheap rubber overshoes, and some down booties. I was thinking overshoes would be great for walking in snow, and for around camp with booties inside. Although, gaiters (looking at OR crocs or the lighter version) would be better for hiking I think. Preferences?