The 1.3L Evernew/REI is, for me, the perfect capacity and shape for cooking for two. You can find the uncoated version for less, or wait for the inevitable REI sale and get it for considerably below $60. IIRC I got mine for $25 several years ago. The uncoated version is quite indestructible.

The MSR 1.5L Titan pot is also a good size and shape, but I believe you have to buy it as part of a set and the lid is a little less handy.

Cheers,

Edit: Here it is for $45:

http://www.antigravitygear.com/proddetail.php?prod=ECA253

Originally Posted By ChrisFol
My wife and I currently just use a Snow Peak 700 and a polypropylene cup. This works great for solo uses and when we go together, we each bring our own SP 700 and stoves to make life a little easier: one boils water for two hot drinks, the other boils water for two meals.

However, as you can imagine this system uses up quite a bit of gas and thus we are in the market for a new pot that has a capacity of around 1.3L-- this way we can just bring one stove and one pot, and only use one boil per meal.

Having had a quick look around on REI it appears that one pot is going to cost us about $60 (REI Ti), are there any cheaper alternatives? I noticed that the GSI Pinnacle Soloist has a 1.1L pot in the set-up for about $40-- anybody have any experience with this pot?

Edited by Rick_D (12/16/09 03:55 PM)