I had an out-of-control, low-flying pinhead on a mountain bike run into me on a mutual use trail. He was "catching air" over a rise and I never had a chance to get out of the way. I wound up with a couple of broken ribs and multiple contusions. His reaction, after getting back on his bike and starting to ride off, was "you need to watch where you're going". I would have pounded the little twerp to a pulp if I hadn't been hurting so much. The experience is one major reason that I favor separating hikers and mountain bikers on trails.

I guess I'm one of your "stupid people" in that I support reasonable restrictions on both horses and mountain bikes for safety and to reduce erosion. I don't much care about game carts. And, I have had over 60 years of experience on wilderness and "wilderness" trails shared with pack animals so your "obviously no experience" judgment is poppycock.

A lot of us "stupid people" don't really care that much whether a few people are opposed to "asinine" restrictions on wheeled equipment on wilderness trails. Especially when "asinine" to you means reasonable to us. And even more especially I don't care every time I remember the guy-of-little-brain who ran into me.

It took two months for the ribs to heal.

Incidentally, you don't win too many people over to your views when you call them stupid.