Glad to see that Zalman's been out in it.

It was 5F last night and to be -1F tonight so I been froze in.

I did have the sense 2 days ago to go get the radiator flushed here in Denver, since I'm sure that the Miamian topping the fluids every oil change had never heard of antifreeze (and the agua was free anyway.)

I can't report hikes, but I can report that I got me a pair of MSR Denali shoeshoes off craig's list. A Hennessy Hammock and some MSR snowshoes in the same week! I love craig's list -- at least here in Denver where you don't have to worry about going to meet the seller and getting robbed at gunpoint . . . by the seller. eek

I did take advantage of one of those incredible "dealflyer" sales online at STP (Sierra Trading Post) and ordered a box full of stuff like pop-top wool gloves, a wool flap-cap, two knit beanies, a balaclava & some of those hand & feet-warmer packets. I'm not so much accessorizing as I'm trying to keep from freezing to death. One thing I've learned . . .

. . . this is baclava, not a balaclava.

While I was at it,I also ordered some sports clothing for Christmas for my 80-year-old mother that she can wear in Dallas; I'm finally getting my revenge for her sending me the toy night-vision scope a few years ago. She'll be a hit at her senior yoga class arriving in her Burton Cache jacket:

(avatar: raptor, Lake Dillon)