Vicodin has Tylenol in it, so make sure you don't take anything else with Tylenol!

My ex took a couple of doses of Dilauded (hydromorphone - powerful drug) after knee surgery then sat in front of the Travel Channel. A few months later he saw some of the same programs that he'd watched "under the influence" and started remarking about how odd it was that there was a TV show that mirrored one of our trips. I mentioned that our "trip" had been in his head because he'd seen the same show during his recovery but he didn't believe me. It took a while but I finally convinced him that there was no way we could possibly have done the trip in question. So, ever since then I've told people who are on morphine or dilaudid to be careful what they watch on TV while on the drug lest they have vivid memories of experiencing something they didn't really experience! Brought a new meaning to the word "trip"... LOLOL.

If you have an injury, anti-inflamatories are very important. The chemicals that produce inflammation can cause systemic problems and create a pain cycle that can be hard to break. It is a difficult thing to navigate - anti-inflammatories, if used too long, can cause pain upon withdrawel. Many people who take ibuprofen for chronic headaches find that they get rebound headaches when they go off the med. Same with caffeine.

It is true that ibuprofen causes bleeding as it is a blood thinner, just like aspirin. If you konk yourself on the head bad enough to knock yourself out, it is REALLY REALLY important to NOT take aspirin or ibuprofen for the next several days (72 hours at least). If there is any blood vessel damage in the brain from the injury, taking these meds could cause a brain bleed. Tylenol is ok though, and you WILL have a headache.

MNS