Originally Posted By phat

So looking at your can stove there, your feed door sits above that tapered section with the grate in the bottom - so I assume you put the wood in there and burn. do you shut the feed door and then have draw from the very bottom of the stove through that grate? (with I assume coals/ash dropping out onto the tray underneath) or does this work some other way? pics of a burn?

Yes thats the way it works.I described in my post how the bottom primary draft door works. I did not mention secondary draft which is a partly open feed door which is open about 1/4" most of the time. It is shut more when a greater draft draw is wanted thru the bottom. The greater draw thru the bottom makes the fire hotter. So the feed door is usually closed when the bottom is open . Combustion air is best directed at the hottest part of the fire. That is why I put in a draft opening sometimes just below the feed door in a taller stove as shown on the post.

Knownonscents ( alberta outdoor forum) in calgary said I can pick up a stove/chiimney and tarp I lent him to him to try out. You can pickup that stove in calgary if you want to experiment with it. It is an older outfit but it works about the same.

Edited by chimpac (10/30/09 04:20 PM)