Originally Posted By Kent W
I dont know as I havent used a silnylon tent yet. Is the stretch the tie downs. If so I may have a solution. I have about 800 feet of light nylon cord. This cord is reinforce in the center with several strands of Kevlar. The Kevlar controls stretch. If any of you Tarptent users, Would like to try some and test it, Please contact me . I would be happy send you what you need for your tent. Just let me know your test results!

No, the stretch is in the material of the tent. Tarps have a similar problem when made of silnylon.

With the hammock, I use Kelty triptease (nylon/spectra blend) or other rope for reflective guy lines, and add loops of shock cord for tensioning the lines. Initially setting up the tarp with a lot of tension results in waking up in the morning with a lot less stretch in the shock cord loop, but enough tension on the tarp. I may go to rubber tubing for fair weather tensioners.

http://hikeandbackpack.com