In my experience OP sacks are odorproof but puncture easily, so aren't dependable over the long haul.

The bigger challenge is cross-contamination in the field. It's going to be difficult/impossible to prevent food and other odor-causing substances from contacting the container's outsides. (I've had training in toxic waste management and disposal, where cross-contamination control is a very big deal.) This might still be manageable, but certainly needs to be considered as part of the system.

In sum, a strong odorproof liner combined with a tough outer sack is something I'd look at, if it came out at a competetive price and low weight (but that's beginning to sound like a lined Ursack).

Cheers,

Originally Posted By skunkcreationz
After reviewing the products listed, they are still not 100% effective. Several people claim that the OP sacks are not effective, and break their seal relatively easily. The Ursack seems to be an anti tear style bag, and as far as odor proof, not sure how effective it is.
I've conducted some tests, and so far is is effective against mountain lions, panthers, and raccoons. I'll have to find out how bear resistant it is though. My results are promising, and I'll continue to develop the technologies further.