I had though that most of our trips were rather short, but by comparison, I think on an average, we do about the same as every one else. We have been out for ten days but most of our hikes are for three to four days. All of our hikes are in the eastern united states like the A.T., the Cumberland trail,and we have been in the white mountains of Georgia. We go as light as we think that we can and still be safe, and most of the time we like to travel rather slowly. On an average, we probably travel around 8-10 miles at a time rather it be in the night or in the day. My wife doesn't really like to travel in the dark, so we don't do much of that. We use light weight equipment and we usually just eat re-hydrated food that only requires that we boil water. However, we do have the stuff to cook a meal if we so desire. We have cooked stews and we have cooked pastas with pretty good results. We do take alot of pictures and we love to see different birds and animals on our ventures too. On an average, seems like most every body else here. Like some one said, it's all good...sabre11004... goodjob