Never tried cork grips.

I tried BD poles in the store and I couldn't manage to work the flick-lock mechanism--I have pretty weak fingers. The BD poles, even the carbon fiber ones, are a lot heavier.

I would never again buy the anti-shock feature. It is heavy and it is really noisy--the click-click-click is enough to scare off any wildlife within miles and is most annoying. I haven't felt any difference, either.

My current poles are Leki Carbonlite (bought on sale--only way I could afford them). They are extremely comfortable. In fact, the hand grips and straps are so comfortable that I haven't been tempted to switch to either the Titanium Goat or Gossamer Gear adjustable poles. (I have to have adjustable poles because the length I use for hiking is shorter than what I need for my tent.) They are about 6 oz. lighter than my old Leki Makalu poles with anti-shock, and the weight difference is really noticeable. I still use the old poles for exercise walking (with rubber tips on the ends for sidewalk walking), but I use the new ones for real hikes and for backpacking. I've never had any slippage problems with either pair. I also have a single Leki adjustable hiking staff that I used from the mid-1980's until I bought my older trekking poles in late 2005. I never had any slippage or other problems with it, either. My history with that single pole--still adorning my closet--is why I've stuck with Leki over the years.