I would forget about the anti-shock feature. It adds weight and makes the poles very noisy. It's amazing how much quieter poles without the anti-shock feature are--no more click, click, click that I'm sure scares away wildlife for miles! I certainly haven't noticed any difference in the comfort factor.

Some people find that the Leki poles twist-lock tends to slip and prefer Black Diamond's flick-lock feature. I have found that I have a big problem with the BD flick-locks because I don't have enough strength in my fingers to operate them. BD poles, even the carbon fiber ones, are also a lot heavier. I have no problem with the Leki twist locks.

I bought a pair of Leki Carbonlite poles a year ago and find that they work just fine for me. They are a bit heavier than the Gossamer Gear or Titanium Goat poles, but the straps and handgrips are so comfortable that I'm not tempted to go lighter. However, it's a lot more comfortable having poles that are 6 oz. per pair lighter than my old Leki poles!