I have infested outdoor shops with my presence for more than twenty years...( most here are in the same street of where I worked)
Having played a lot with poles before I bought a pair ( like others I used to think that they were a silly idea) I never failed to jam a twist lock within a few minutes of fiddling with one. That was with several brands (Leki, Exped, Komperdell, Fizan and some house brands (made by Fizan, Griphon and a Taiwanese firm) ) . However the BD flick lock worked so I bought a pair of BD poles.
Recently I tested the GG Lite Light Trek 4 with straps. They have a twist lock and ...it jams. I was able to fix that every time however it stopped me from adjusting the poles up and down for the different gradients because I needed to stop to take the poles apart and re-set them.
Those GG have a cork handle. Not sure how to compare it with the rubber on my BD ( I have two pairs) because the weigh half as much so the feel is totally different and I only used them for 6 days.
Because of the way I use the poles, the strap is important to me as well as an easy to use mec for adjusting the height.
Franco