Yes, the tensioners are aluminum. I actually cheated and had my machinist at work mill it out, then I finished it off with a file and sand paper. I guess that means I didn't make it, although I did draw it up in Solidworks.

Yeah, the bug net is pretty heavy. I will be looking for lighter solutions. I also need to make a new hammock as this one is made with the wrong stuff. It is pretty comfortable, despite the fact that it doesn't stretch. I have some 1.1 oz nylon for the next one, and I think it will work better. This was my very first one to test out.

I made my own silnylon because it was cheaper, I can choose a larger range of colors, and because I wanted to see if I could do it. I had my doubts if it would work. But, I had my wife spray it with the hose while I sat under it for 15 minutes, and didn't see any leaks. Considering I live in Utah, that is probably enough.

Anyways, it was a fun project, and a lot of learning. Now I am working on making it better because there is a lot I can do to improve.