bigb:

Quote:
I do enjoy going the wrong way on a one way street but I must be on the wrong street altogether and will take my leave.

Okay . . .

but I just read the thread in its entirety tonight -- started by Dyer by the way, not you -- and never really saw any mob running at you down the street in the opposite direction you've taken. Some disagreement, but that's about it.

Jumping into a forum doesn't require much -- a thick skin and that's about it.

This one is about ultralight hiking, not really dogs, but at times dogs come up as they relate to being on a trail. When I think of all the posts I've read here over the years that relate to dogs, almost all from dog owners . . . it must be in the hundreds.

A couple years ago I took the position in an original post that the hikers in front of me with a dog might have been what lured a grizzly onto the trail (and within 20 feet of my wife) in Kootenay Nat'l Park. Not exactly a dog-owner's perspective, BTW. Many responded that my assumption was a crock. I didn't take my leave but hung in there and learned something. I do hope you continue to contribute to this ultralight backcountry hiking forum; your opinions are worth reading.

(avatar: raptor, Lake Dillon)