I was going to write a little something about the Fanatic Fringe Thompson Peak pack. First i like the price, a very well valued piece of gear. Second it weights only 9.5oz with a hip belt! The hip belt is ok, its better than nothing! Though pack weight should be small enough not to need one.
Its a very basic pack. Has two good sized pockets that fit a 2 liter bottle, i use two 1 liters bottles for the weight distribution. The back pocket is big for extra or drying gear. There are two compression straps and an extension collar, with draw strings. The pack material lets water beed off, but no silnylon.
I added an elastic pocket in the main pack to hold my zlite. I think a rolling pad might be better. I also am going to add a elastic ice axe and trek pole loops.
The recommended pack weight is 20lbs, i am not sure if thats base weight or total weight. I have only used the pack so far for an over night so pack weight has be around 13 pounds with food and such.
All in all a great pack, i want to try an add slots to slip in some fiberglass or aluminum stays.

Edited by Bushman (09/06/09 07:20 PM)