Have you considered rounding errors and related phenomenna? After all, they didn't report the thicknesses to the nearest tenth, but maybe the nearest 1/2" or 1".

You need to take some of that seeking of perfect laws into consideration when dealing with sales literature data.

7.49" may be reported as 7" loft and 7.51" as 8" of loft. And loft isn't perfectly flat the length of the bag, and isn't perfectly uniform from bag to bag either.

Don't be so lazy and just make a table. Make a graph too. When I was a research engineer there was one contractor I always loved to get his reports. He believed in just presenting a mess of data in tables and trying to make sense of it from the tables.

I would take his tables and plot it on graph paper and discover the things he left out.

I am sure your tables are leaving out important stuff, and may not be accurate enough to warrant your conclusions as well.

Make a big table. Not those puny things with three or four entries. You surely didn't use _all_ of the data from that one manufacturer.