My stove (isobutane canister) weighs 3.5 oz. and a small fuel canister (enough for a week for me) is 8.1 oz. Total stove weight with fuel is 11.6 oz. A lot of people think my option is too heavy! If I switched to using alcohol as a fuel, the stove plus windscreen would weigh half as much but the fuel plus container for a week would probably be close to the same (the weight advantages of alcohol stoves disappear with longer trips because the fuel is a bit heavier). I've been considering a switch, but the canister stove is so convenient that I probably won't.

I've already noted that using wood for fuel is definitely not an option and is, in fact, illegal in the Rockies and in the Cascades near or at timberline, where I prefer to backpack. Even if fires aren't prohibited due to high fire danger (an annual event in Pacific Northwest summers), there isn't enough fuel at those altitudes to allow campers to build even small fires without stripping the place of its last dry twig (unfortunately common in more popular spots).

Silicone-coated nylon tents or tarps, which most of us use because they are considerably lighter than their urethane-coated counterparts, are also not flame-resistant, so using a wood stove inside would be highly dangerous.

A wood stove is practical only for those who, in winter, use pulks (sleds) to haul their stuff, or for horse packers.

If you want to carry a 50-60 pound pack, go for it. Most of us prefer to carry half that weight or less and be far more comfortable. Some of us (me included) physically cannot carry such loads. In fact, I had to give up backpacking altogether after a knee injury, until I discovered lightweight gear, mostly thanks to this site. Try going lighter, you'll like it!

Are you here on this forum only to disparage those who don't buy your products?