Hi Brian,

I weaned myself from full-length pads a long time ago (except for the dead of winter). I use a pillow of clothing to support my head, so the top of the pad is at my shoulders. Then, if I need something beneath my feet, I put a jacket, pack, etc. down there. Most nights I don't need anything.

The NeoAir differs from other air mattresses in not needing as much inflation, so there's surprisingly minimal transition from the pad edge to the ground or pillow. I'm not sure why this is so, it may be because the tubes run crossways and not lengthwise. The BA and POE mattresses, by contrast, require more inflation so the edges are more pronounced.

Certinly there's no reason to not buy full length, but the short packs so tiny it has to be seen to be believed.

FWIW I'm six feet tall.

Cheers,

Rick

Originally Posted By BrianLe
The shorty, eh? I've been looking at the neo-air as a possible gift for my wife, but my immediate reaction to anything less than a full-length one is that it's so thick there would be a distinct, fairly major drop-off feeling where the pad ends and your legs keep going.

What do you do about this, or does it just not bother you?