Hi lazarus,

I'll give you the same answer I'd give you for the yukon question. I hike a lot in the BC rockies, and I've used *both* trailrunners and boots. What I take depends on where I am going and what sort of conditions I expect. To give you an example, Rockwall trail, kootenay national park, a 5 day relatively rugged hike but on maintained trails. This one I'd probably take trailrunners on (and have). Second example, my most recent trip in height of the rockies, where I was routefinding off trail in the mountains, and had some snow to contend with. This one I took boots (and I needed them, I'd have demolished my trailrunners)

So it really really depends on *where* you are going. If you are not sure, and you have comfortable boots, take boots. If you are comfortable and experienced in using trailrunners on the trail you might want to bring both with you and decide depending on where you are going (and when if snow becomes an issue)

Above all make sure you have both sets broken in, i.e. you are used to them and comfortable in them.
Browse my pictures