Hi Tom,

To use filters (or the WA converter) requires the optional threaded adapter, which also acts as a sort of lens shade. The adapter itself isn't expensive, IIRC it's around twenty bucks. I don't think a circular polarizer is required since there's no contrast-detection AF or split beam metering.

I've never had a Canon G but do have the "real" G camera—the Contax G2 rangefinder system. I'm hoping the µ4/3 format eventually produces a G2 equivalent; then I'll be a truly happy man smile My standard for backpacking cameras remains the Contax T3. I guess its closest digital equivalent is the Sigma DP1.

I really strayed off topic, didn't I?

I've assembled some LX3 shots here, ranging from the first day I had it to my last backpacking trip.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skeeterbytes/sets/72157611501359745/

Cheers,

Originally Posted By TomK
Nice photo, Rick. A challenge with the bright fire in the foreground.

I admit that after reading all I could about these cameras this evening, I was leaning toward the LX3 because of the G10's weight and size. I am a lightweight backpacker after all!

What would I need to do to add a polarized or UV filter on the LX3? Recommendations (if there are choices)?

Thanks again. BTW, am I remembering correctly that way back you had one of the early Canon G's?

Tom