Yeah, I did kind of digress there. Must be the onset of geezerdom: someone says something, then the old guy goes off on a tangent, usually ending up with, "... five miles, in the snow, uphill, both ways" or "...you kids don't appreciate how good you've got it!"

Oh, wait a minute - I did it again. blush

I tend to agree with the other posters: if you're in an area where all-day (or all-night) rains are common, you're probably wasting your time trying to dry out rain gear in any small tent - and maybe even any large tent. It doesn't have anything to do with the tent; it's more about the high humidity levels not letting things dry out at all. Although the Scarp seems to do a particularly good job of allowing you to hang things, it can be done in other tents; you just don't end up with much room to sit up or move around. In prolonged rain, where there's a lot of moisture in the air all the time, the best you can do is try not to get things any wetter than need be.

However, if you're in a climate where you get your rain gear wet walking in the 2-hour afternoon shower, after which it clears off and the humidity is low, you can dry things out in a well-ventilated tent (which, I believe, most Tarptents are.)

Where I hike: you stay wet, and protect your sleeping bag.

Edited by Glenn (07/12/09 11:55 PM)