I don't have anyone on ignore, Franco, but, to me, trying to dry the outside of a rain jacket or pants by hanging it inside the tent when it's raining just gets everything inside the tent that much wetter and is totally unnecessary--the rain gear will just get wet again as soon as the OP goes back out in the rain. As Jim said, the outside surface of rain gear is supposed to get wet!

When it's cold and wet, nothing is going to dry inside the tent, hung up or not, and it will just make things damper inside unless there is an external source of heat. Of course if it turns warm and sunny, everything will get dry, but the drying will happen faster outside the tent in the breeze rather than inside. You have proved that there's room for a clothesline inside the tent, but what in the world for?

I've been through spells of constant rain lasting as long as 10 days at a stretch in the Rockies, so I do know what I'm talking about.

Edited by OregonMouse (07/12/09 11:44 PM)