Originally Posted By Keith
In this case you are doing something that the good doctor may never have considered as he contemplated the overweight cubicle denizens that comprise a large contingent of the folk he was targeting with his advice. Since you are doing someting different (and, BTW, extremely healthy), I'd suggest you consider how you need to modify his generic recommendations to fit your circumstances.

Au contaire, Keith! The doctor wasn't speaking to the general overweight citizens when he said "no added oil". He was speaking to the heart patient with life-threatening, ongoing disease. Please read the post I just made in response to Barry. I made a mistake by mentioning my diet, and folks naturally assumed I was recommending it for backpackers. NOOOOOO!!!! I'm so sorry. I have to limit ALL SATURATED FAT, but you don't. Saturated fat is found even in olive and canola oils, although it is in minimum amounts. Thus they are considered "healthy" oils. But for someone with heart disease, ANY OIL IS UNHEALTHY, because it contains some saturated fat. Following my diet has been scientifically proven to reverse heart disease. But it's not for regular folks. Please, continue to use oil, and let me be the first to remind you, there is a definite link between heart health and the use of oils that have very low % of saturated fat (olive, canola, etc).