I suggest (my preference at least) that you focus on one thing at a time, limit posts to one topic --- I almost just skipped this one, too many issues combined.

Then first search for existing threads on the topic. A gearlist is a great thing to post IMO after you're farther along in your planning.

Okay, so as not to just be a curmudgeon here, some comments related to discussion about stoves. You said:
"Make a Heineken alcohol stove. I have an MSR Pocket Rocket, but had thought of making a 2-can wood gassifier stove and a pot windscreen, for main stove. About 6 ounces."

OregonMouse opined that the pocket rocket is a perfect stove, no reason to switch.

My take --- and IMO an example of the additional depth/breadth of discussion possible if threads are more focused --- is that an alcohol stove is a great choice, the perfect choice for some people, very much depending on what it is you want to optimize.

Different people have different experiences in making alcohol stoves. I tried a pepsi-can stove some years ago, actually tried making a few of these, and all "sort of" worked, not very inspiring, so I bought a commercial stove for $30 and have been happy with it. It weighs 1.6 oz (the stove by itself, no windscreen, etc).

Just last week after seeing a reference I tried making the cat food can stove that Andrew Skurka demonstrates, here.
This was easy to do, about 1/2 hour work tops, and heated water very nicely. And weighs 1/8th what my existing stove weighs.

The big downside with cannister stoves is the granularity problem, i.e., you're about to go on a trip and you look round and see seven partially full cannisters, but you really want to start your trip with a full cannister so you buy a new one, leaving an eighth partial cannister on your shelf at the end. Or you carry multiple partials and eat the weight of those metal cannisters. Or you're not sure a full cannister will be enough so you can only add a second cannister. With alcohol, you just put the amount you think you need, maybe a little spare, in a plastic soda pop bottle and that's it. I just cook dinner, and don't boil water, just get it hot, so one ounce of fuel per day is enough for me.

Alcohol isn't as efficient a fuel, and you don't want to get it on your hands on a regular basis (denatured alcohol), and it takes longer to cook your meal. These are trade-offs I'm happy to make for a lighter system without the metal cannisters to deal with.

Each approach has specific up- and down-sides, it's about understanding them and making the best decision for you.