I'm still working on the latest revision of my list, but will post it eventually, probably in the fall. I've done a lot of tweaking the past year and need to field-test the tweaks under Rocky Mountain (or similar) conditions. I need to find a place to post the list, too. It's an Excel spreadsheet, but I can convert it to .pdf. Does anyone have any ideas? I know I can post it on Backpacking Light, but I would rather not deal with some of the ultra-light, no-TP fanatics on that site. (It's a good site to visit for ideas and techniques, but it's too full of under-5-lb.-base-weight advocates--no way am I going there.) I don't have a website and have no plans to start one.

I can get away with a pound of food per day (nearly all home dehydrated), but 1.5 lbs. per day is a far better guide for most people, especially men.

The weights I've mentioned definitely do NOT include sherpa-ing for my grandkids! I can still stay at 25 lbs., but I'm limited to a 2-night stay. Fortunately, the two older are big enough to carry their gear and a little of the shared gear, and when the youngest is old enough (next year) his mommy or daddy is going to have to come along--no way can I keep track of 3 kids at once.

Edited by OregonMouse (06/26/09 02:25 PM)