Lori
"ETA: I just looked at her gear list. It's incredibly sparse - I can't imagine it was everything she had. She got her clothes wet and then when she hit the sack she took them all off. Why she thought taking a 32F ultralight bag was a good idea, who can guess - she needed at least a 20F bag and enough layers to supplement. I don't even feel I'm prepared to tackle a PCT hike myself and I can understand how temps can drop in the sierras.... She needed a better shelter than a tarp and ultralight bivy."

Lori,
Some people desperately need to believe that anyone can go anywhere unprepared and be safer cause they're lighter... Why did this woman decide she was, capable and prepared for the PCT? She was obviously on her first or second trip, first to high country I would assume.

Not having gear, common sense, or experience, but carrying a spot. There's gonna be a lot more of this and it will change the way they are perceived by SAR, more kinda like random noisy burglar alarms... ho hum. Didn't know how to turn it off? Can you say "didn't look at the manual?"

These spot thingys are getting in the way of natural selection... I hope no one quotes me on that or more people will buy them. You should have to place a thousand dollar rescue retainer to buy one of the things.
Jim