Originally Posted By wandering_daisy
I have found that simply bringing an extra 3-oz balaclava hat really helps out when it gets cold. Especially sleeping, keeping your head and neck warm allows you to use a lighter sleeping bag.

I climbed Mt. Langley years ago- from the Tuttle Creek side. There was a lot of snow and huge sun-cups on the top flat area and it was very windy. I recall a lot of very loose scree. Bring gaiters so you do not get pebbles inside your shoes.

One item I consider essential if doing mountaineering, is a light survival blanket - the few oz. metallic mylar types. I also like to take a small square of ensolite pad. It is nice to sit on at rest breaks and provides insullation if you had to sit it out on the mountain overnight.

By the way, I have a little granddaughter named Ellis!

Havn't met many people with the first name Ellis and certainly no girls with the name until now smile

I have a survival blanket as part of my emergency survival kit. I will look into maybe getting some gaiters, as I have never used them before... Hiking Langley is still a maybe especially depending on how I am feeling altitude wise.

P.S. Any helpful hints to help aid in acclimating faster? I have heard to drink lots of water, anything else? And when I get it, should I take aspirin? Should I relax or try to exercise a lil bit?