Hey All
Animal stories seem to be the rage on other forums. I thought maybe some animal stories might be sort of up=lifting.

So anyway lets keep em as short as possible and stick to one story at a time so they're readable.

I was 14 or 15 and ast. senior patrol leader of our scout troop that was camped at a lake in Wisconsin. There were several square miles of "wilderness" surrounding the camp. I was alone and hiking into a strong wind when I came out of the woods and entered a huge clearing with a low rock wall about 100 yards away. I hadn't hiked far through tall grass when I see a cow moose less than 20 feet from me looking into the wind. I hit the dirt and my instincts and my tracking & stalking skills took over and next thing I'm crawling through the grass like a cat toward this moose. Suddenly it turned towards me and I froze and it stared at me with these huge ears pointing around its head like radar antennas, but it couldn't smell me or hear me so it looked away and I moved in closer.

Now sometimes you must wonder what goes through the head of a young fearless immortal as they approach one of the most dangerous animals in north America. I decided to raise up slowly and swiftly and to jump on her back and wrap my arms around her neck and lay low on her back as she ran. crazy Anyway I ran and jumped and threw my leg up over her back and threw my arms forward around her neck as she turned her head and saw a creature pretending to be a mountain lion jumping onto her back.

She reacted so fast that I didn't touch her and as soon as I hit the ground (because there was no moose under me anymore), I looked up and the moose was clearing the rock wall. I'm sure I would have hit that rock wall going 45 MPH, maybe faster. An animals true maximum speed depends on its motivation.
Jim crazy
YOUR TURN grin