Originally Posted By jehan

there are dozens of different types of holsters that allow you to keep a firearm safely on your person, and readily accessible.
i want everyone to be able to enjoy camping. and if a 120 lb woman is worried about being robbed/raped/killed, then she's less likely to go camping. so, empowering her with the ability to protect herself will make it more likely that she will go camping.

I don't have to carry a gun - I'm not afraid. I don't want or need a holster or a gun. Period.

There are more guns in the town I live in than there are in your entire state, I would wager. Kids shoot other kids every day. I am far more likely to be in danger walking down the street than I am backpacking.

I think you overstate the fear factor - 90% of the people I know don't go backpacking or camping because they like hot showers and don't care to work that hard. They rent cabins or hotel rooms. The rest of the people I know go out hiking, unafraid, without guns.

http://hikeandbackpack.com