Hi all! I've wanted to get into backpacking for a while. I bought most of the gear I need about half a year ago, but have only gotten to take one overnight trip because my work schedule makes it hard to do any trips.

Well I have vacation coming up, with 4 extra days set aside in which I wanted to take a backpacking trip. Not necessarily a 4 day trip, but something where I can spend one night out there. I have looked at so many photos of backpacking high up in the mountains, just mountain tops and greenery and it looks so peaceful and beautiful. I want to go some place like that, but not sure of anywhere near AZ. I was thinking somewhere in Colorado. Any suggestions?

And the question that I wanted to ask the most is...None of my friends are into backpacking or want to get into it. My girlfriend doesn't either. What's a good way to meet some backpacking buddies? I don't mind going alone but my family stresses so much that then I stress if I go somewhere because I know they are worried to hell because I'm alone.

Anyone in the southwest wanna take a backpacking trip sometime between May 21 and May 24 haha?

Thanks all!