Hi Folks,
New to the forum, this is my first post! I am looking to buy a new tent, a 2 person one that is "pretty lightweight." Having said that I don't really have a qualification for lightweight, and I was hoping to find a tent lighter than my current 12 lb old Eureka. I was thinking about single wall tents, particularly the ability to shave off some weight by not needing a fly. The ones that I have been looking at are the Bibler ones that Black Diamond sells as well as the Integral Designs MK1 series, both of which are in my price range. I will be using the tents for 4 seasons, including some trips that will span from hot and dry to cold and wet. My concerns are:

- Condensation: with "waterproof, breathable" materials like ToddTex and TegralTex, is condensation really an issue? I know that physics tells me that condensation will happen under a given set of conditions no matter what, but how broad is that range of conditions?
- Durability: are there any durability concessions that one might make by picking one of these tents over a competitive 2 wall design?
- Why isn't there a Gore-Tex tent out there?

Thanks for your help!

MD