AS I said in my PM to you I use the JetBoil 1.5L. aluminum pot, minus the steel wire handles and their steel mounting plate. This pot's wider base heats faster, as do all wider based pots. The corrugated "Flux Ring" heat exchanger on the base, which is the heart of the JetBoil system, is great for saving fuel, as is the neoprene & cloth side cozy. Haven't found anything better yet.

A few oz. more for faster cooking and fuel savings is worth it. I've cut out the center of the plastic Flux Ring cover to save more weight and still keep the corrugated ring protected.

Also I bought another neoprene cozy as the original gets gradually more degraded when my ESBIT/FireLite fuel tabs' flames sometimes lick the sides of the cozy. I use fuel tabs instead of canister stoves when I know the trip requires I lighten up as much as possible, as say, in the Grand Canyon, where it seems you're hardly ever on the flats.

In winter I have to remove the cozy when I use the aluminized fiberglass baking hood with my Dragonfly stove. Just too much heat is captured by that Backpacker's Pantry Outback Oven hood. But boy does it ever save fuel. I have to leave the MSR windscreen open 6" to keep heat under control for baking.

Eric