Originally Posted By Rich_M
I am interested in a SnowPeak ti mini solo cookpot with cup. The only thing stopping me is that I have a SnowPeak ti 300 single wall cup and the sides get so hot when hot water is in it they burn my lips. If I wait until the sides cool down my tea is cool and not hot.

I have read several reviews on the ti mini solo set and no one mentioned this issue with this cookset. I am wondering if anyone has this set and can comment on this issue.

I have that set but never did like it. The pot is narrow and high so it takes a long time to boil compared to a shorter and wider pot. I don't like any single wall cups be them in ti, al or steel.

The best cup I have found is the Snowpeak 450 ml double wall ti cup. It keeps your food or drink hot but will not burn your hands or lips, perfect outdoor cup. You can't cook in a double wall cup though. For cooking I like the MSR Titan kettle with its tight fitting lid. It has a nice profile and it does conduct heat very well owed to its thin walls. Once I wanted to photograph my kettle with a little wood fire. I lit the fire and before I could get my camera on the tripod that water came to the boil.