The GSI Pinnacle Soloist, at about $40, is the slickest thing I've seen in a while. It has an anodized aluminum pot (about a quart capacity), a plastic bowl with measuring marks, a hard plastic lid that fits both (upside down on the bowl to make a sippy mug) and a spork (they call it a foon) that has a collapsible handle so it will store inside the kit. The bowl has a neoprene cozy to keep food/beverage warm. This all stores in a coated nylon stuff sack that doubles as a water bucket or sink. (I used mine to carry water from the creek back to a log, where I could sit comfortably to filter it.)

It makes simple cooking a snap: tote a stuff sack of water from the creek, boil a pot of water, add some to your freeze-dried food (or instant oatmeal, or ramen noodles, etc.) in the bowl; put the lid on the bowl to hold the heat in. While it rehydrates, put on another pot of water for your beverage, and drink it from the pot.

It weighs 10 ounces, but it doesn't sound like weight is a top priority for you (within reason.) Cheap, functional, and reasonably light - a real bargain at the price.