A guy I know that hangs out at my wife's business got deliriously sick a few days ago and she took him to the hospital. He had a 104 temp and was seriously out of it.

Of course were all worried about the "Swine Flu", but it turns out he was tick bit.

He's not an outdoorsy type, and probably still wouldn't know a tick if another bit him, so he was a prime target to get sick here in the Ozarks. I have little doubt that he might have died from this. So far, all I really know is that the doctors told him it was "Tick Fever".

The poor guy is still a bit out of sorts after four days and no one knows how to contact any of his family, and the "Patriot Act" prevents anyone at the hospital from telling anyone of his friends what's wrong with him (it did not however prevent the hospital from asking his friends if he had insurance or other means to pay for his stay and treatment).

Anyway, it reminded me of Earthling and all the suffering he's had to endure and I still have not heard from him.

This year, for the first time, I treated a pair of bib overalls and a T-shirt with "Repel Permanone" (permethrin) and I've been wearing them when working out in the pasture and forest.

It works. I don't like using it, but I'm tired of getting bit everyday.

So, remember to do your tick checks after being outdoors cuz it's the season now.

Bill

"You want to go where?"