GDeadphans:

"I don't think those things are fake. I mean it is possible that he just doesn't care and does it for ratings and money. Which imo is exactly what he's doing."

You're right on that, except he DOES care. He eats disgusting things because he cares for the money.

In 1969, Peter Sellers, Ringo Starr and John Cleese were in a movie that did better at predicting the future than any sci-fi film of that era. The style is a bit dated, but they hit it "spot on" with the "vat scene" in The Magic Christian, where Sellers and Starr prove that people will literally dive into a vat of blood, urine and poop for $$$.

It was a prophetic moment; the vat, of course, is television, and more specifically, reality TV. Today, people will do anything, including faking a night out in a tent -- even really eat berries in bear poop -- for $$.

Face it, our negativity on this topic is because we feel Bear has exploited our "sport," our passion, to get a little fame that parlays into books, the show, celebrity-status -- and bucks.

I for one would care less if Bear had eaten bugs and swam in a vat of %&*$ before they recorded his every move surviving a cricket match by delivering the last ball underarm along the ground, preventing the batsman from hitting it. With no interest, I could care less about either his throw or his reality cricket show. But some cricket fans in New Zealand would sure be upset. laugh

"Cut him down, bosun. He's been flogged enough."

(avatar: raptor, Lake Dillon)