Essentially... yes, the sleep is that good, if it works for you. Some people can't get comfortable in a hammock, and it's worth knowing that before you drop the $$$ on a new setup.

For me, it is by and far the most comfortable night's sleep I've ever had in the woods, and close to the most comfortable night's sleep I've had anywhere. Especially in hot weather, when the added exposure to the air really helps to keep you cooler.

For colder weather, it does take a steep (at least compared to tenting) learning curve to stay warm. An underquilt will help with this (something I still need to drop the $$$ to get), as well as various pad/reflector combos.

So, if it's your cup of tea, it really is a comfortable night in the woods. Makes going back to ground (or even some beds) kinda hard. It is heavier, no doubt, but a good setup (and sadly, this will probably mean an expensive setup) shouldn't add too much more weight. I alternate between hanging and ground-dwelling depending on the weather/season, and where the trip is.