Clark isn't the only hammock with 4 season capability. the others just don't like to brag. grin

I would take the Warbonnet Blackbird double layer hammock, my two Jacks R Better 3 season quilts rated to 20F, and my Minibull Designs kitchen kit consisting of a Fosters 2 cup pot with silicon lip protector and kevlar wrap, Magic Mouse simmer/cook stove, pot stand, and ziploc container cover (plus a lighter/matches and some denatured alky). I would throw in my ridgerest, which would work for going to ground *or* as extra insulation between the layers of the hammock. My 10x11 cat cut tarp would go along for extra coverage in case I want privacy or more protection in a storm. I will always take a filter - my ULA gravity filter weighs 7.5 oz - and some Micropur tablets. All will go into my Gossamer gear Mariposa (for lighter trips) or my Granite Gear pack, which will hold extra clothes, a bear can, or extra water or gear as needed. I estimate summer pack weight to be around 21-25 lbs, rising to 28-30 if extra cold weather gear or extra food/water is needed.

All that said, I am not a thru hiker, but my habits would not change if I were other than the caches, bounce box, or maybe an extra pair of socks or two.

http://hikeandbackpack.com