I hate to be the first to offer a negative tidbit in this thread but, by far the worst customer service in the business has got to be Big Sky Products. Although thoroughly documented on this forum and others, I'd be happy to provide you an example of their utterly disappointing service in the form of a transcript of my own experience. I wish I could offer some measure of redemption with a positive comment about the quality of their highly touted Evolution series tent, but after 6 months I still had not received one.

When I became fed up with BSP, I called Henry Shires at TarpTent, as he had just released the Contrail model. Not only did he personally field my calls and e-mails with detailed answers/information, but even sent me his personal prototype Contrail tent as a loaner to try out on a three night trip. When I wasn't sure if the Contrail was right for me, he also sent a Rainbow to try out. I ended up going with the Contrail (have had it for 3 years) and, although its quality precludes the need for further customer service, I have the utmost confidence in Henry to go out of his way to make sure I'm satisfied with his product.