In my short experience with camping equipment, I have become partial to Stephenson's-Warmlite. To my understanding, these are the types of tents used in say, an arctic expedition or rock climbing.

When I ordered my tent they were more than helpful in explaining the features of their tent and assisting in the ordering process. The tent can withstand 120 MPH winds, is double vented, double walled, and still comes in at around two and a half pounds. The poles are pre-bent annealed 7178-T6 aircraft aluminum. One of the strongest, lightest materials available. They offer several options you can have built into your tent. A choice of colors, a larger door, windows, internal stabilizers that increase wind resistance to 160 MPH, even an aluminized shell if you wish. Each tent is hand built to order. Only downside is all these things come at a price - to the tune of $500 for the cheapest.

Comparing the performance to what I have experienced in other tents, which is admittedly not a whole lot, I was more then impressed. They even included literature about how to properly seal the tent, how to deal with humidity and other tips and tricks.