Phat
my XGK is the original big round model with the yellow pump. It has so much body work that the gas at the bottom sort of has a windscreen enough to make it work.

Anyway a question for you and Jak and others way up north. I have been in 50 mph winds and trying to prime my liquid gas stove. I either had to light it in the vestibule and risk a flare up, or dig a hole, put the stove inside its own mini snow cave and reach in and light it. I have been in driving snowstorms where we simply gave up on lighting the XGK. I have sometimes taken it into the tent and warmed the preheat cup with my lighter then taken it outside to prime, but the stove isn't truly windproof until its lit. Al it takes is a spark to light a canister stove.

And we also maybe didn't mention - if you do cook inside a tent or vestibule, use only a canister stove and have adequate ventilation.

For snow melting I prefer an XGK or Xtreme stove with a 2 liter Ti pan with an MSR heat exchanger on it inside a windscreen. I turn the heat down until the flames just come up to the top of the pan. This makes the most efficient snow melter that I know of.

I guess finally - I have put SS and Ti pans of the same size by the same manufacturer side by side on snow and poured an equal amount of boiling water into each. The water in the titanium pan cooled off much more quickly.

Jim