I like using the canister stove, it is quick and easy to set up and take down. I have been able to use a small MSR isobutane canister for eight days by only heating water for the evening meal. Most folks dispose of the canister when empty, I have seen a refill gadget to refill them off of a larger propane bottle, may not be suitable for us bpers as we use a mix that is good in cooler weather. I'm assuming you will be bping in FL where warmer weather is the norm, about 12 here this morning. I've been doing a little checking on alcohol stoves and Esbit fuel the last few weeks, Esbit is the most efficient weight wise, but smells bad and leaves a residue on your pot. Check out the Caldera Cone system, I finally looked into it this last week, sounds very efficient, they have a "keg" that contains the wind screen, alky stove beer can pot in a plastic cylinder. You supply the pot, they send you the system matched to your specific pot, around $70 I believe. One of the people I bped into Dewey Point in Yosemite mentioned it to me also last week.