OZ
"
Originally Posted By OzarkBackpacker
One thing that I didn't see when reading the posts to this discussion is that when a person hikes solo, I think that they tend to prepare more and probably approach things on the trail a little more cautiously, because they are alone. Not necessarily with trepidation, but maybe paying more attention to the little voice in their head, telling them whether or not the situation is safe. Maybe I'm wrong, but when I go solo, I tend to approach things with a lot more thought, from preparation to execution.
Oz

____________________________________________________________________________________

Oz,
solo BPing is like solo climbing, either you become 100% ON and totally aware, or you can die quickly. Solo BPing you are more careful, although you may do more dangerous things than you might with another person along, nothing is done without a plan. So solo BPing is more "spontaneous" in that you do what you want to do, but you also have to be completely in charge.
Jim

Edited by Jimshaw (12/28/08 08:23 PM)